Xbox Modders Community
Metalhead Miner2

OPINION: A7X is overated

There is no such thing as 'better' when it comes to art, of any form.

My favourite drummer is Damon Che

I've never heard of A7X. There were too many uncreative "artists" being advertised for me to pay much attention to the media anymore.

You just described 99.9% of all Hip/Hop, Rap, and (supposedly) R&B.

As for the whole emo music list: Utter bull s***, some of the bands listed there are so far off from "emo" music. As soon as I saw Weezer listed I stopped reading from there.

And everyone keeps saying "emo" music like it's a real genre, wtf would it even sound like lol? If it's the whole whiny thing everyone says, then for the most part I'd classify that as some Glam Metal I've heard, hate to offend anyone but let's face it, metal isn't glamorous.

I know a ton of bands that don't get the props they deserve, while other garbo bands are rakin in the big bucks. Like someone said before me, it's mainly these Scene Kids who do nothing but follow their friends leads and "like" music.

I for one like A7X a lot, and for people to consider them an emo band is a pretty ignorant statement. Emo is cutting oneself, moping around complaining about their life and how bad it is. In not one of A7X's song have I heard anything remotely like this. Sure some of their videos can be pretty dark (specifically "A Little Piece of Heaven" which contains murder, necrophilia and some other stuff lol.) but they're NOT emo

I never listen to rock on the radio, but I love A7X. I love their music and Disturbed and Godsmack are great as well. I honestly don't mind and I think they are all amazing bands, I don't prefer one over the other. And I would have to disagree with you saying they are over rated, no one that I know even knows who they are except for a small few, and I live in a big city. I still think their music is amazing and I will continue to listen to it, whether people think it's over rated or not.

No they arent bad they aremt just for me but they are no way close to the legacy of OLD metallica like people say maybe disturbed or godsmack they are on the right path but hey I just think A7X gets way too much credit a lot of you proboloy disagree but think about it i dont really like how they dominate my radio station.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you think they're the best musicians you're clearly deaf. Slipknot are boring and cliched along with Korn and Mushroomhead.

Umm sorry to burst your bubble but I never said they were the best musicians now did I? Please think about what you post before jumping into conclusions. I have to say my favorite band is either Ozzy Osbourne or ZZ Top. Im not trying to be rude, I'm just stating my opinion.

There is no such thing as 'better' when it comes to art, of any form.

Wrong. For a definition of "better" when it comes to the musical arts, see Fall Out Boy.

Because everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is better than them.

I'll take being Rickrolled all day rather than the threat of being Fall-rolled.

I know you're being sarcastic. You know not everyone would agree with that. Ask the guys that sell all those cheesy calendars & posters on the streets at christmas. or them characters who spend more time than the average girl trying to look scruffy or cool. like its some kind of 'style' ha.

pete_wentz_300x400.jpg

There are 2 kinds of music. either in art or business. they shouldn't be confused.

Even still.. there is no 'better : P

Umm sorry to burst your bubble but I never said they were the best musicians now did I? Please think about what you post before jumping into conclusions. I have to say my favorite band is either Ozzy Osbourne or ZZ Top. Im not trying to be rude, I'm just stating my opinion.

Fair enough.

Overrated? Did I really just see this? They're popular, and they've earned that by being great musicians. Just being a band is famous doesn't they're overrated. Some of you might think people are saying The Rev is a good drummer just because he died, well he wasn't just a drummer, he was an amazing musician. He sang, played piano, guitar, and drums, and was good in all of them. He even had a band before Avenged Sevenfold with Synyster Gates that he played drums, piano, and was the lead sing. He was an excellent musician overall. Most people can NOT do that. Now, talking about best musicians, there is no best drummer, guitarist, bassist, nor will there ever be.. its all based on opinions, and as far as bands go, people hate on bands because they're popular, which is absolutely stupid.. imagine you having a band, of course you want to be famous EVERYONE does, they've worked for it and I see all the time that people hate because they went "mainstream". Seriously, you should be happy they got famous, they're living the lives they've always want to and people talking ***** just because they're famous.. makes no sense. Avenged Sevenfold are actually some of the most talented musicians nowadays. Lots of you guys don't know that because your not musicians of course, not talking *****. If you actually went into a studio and looked at what they do with songs, all the tempo changes and how they constructed them, you'd be like WTF, not to mention all the notes, scales, arpeggios, chords, etc they constructed to put the guitar/bass lines on the songs. Music is music. I don't care what kind it is, its about emotion and feeling, thats all its ever been about. Also, something I'd like to say, if you say a musician sucks, unless you can do what they do or do it better, shut the **** up. Thats all, you probably won't read this, but oh well. Goodbye :D

I used to love Slipknot, Stopped listening to them I loved Joey Jordinson.. In my opinion he's the best drummer ever

Travis Barker from Blink-182 as drummer, Flea from RHCP as bassist, John Frusciante from RHCP as guitarist = best band imo

Honestly, emo music is labeled.

It humiliates real metal, emo music prime Ex. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emo_artists

Those bands humiliate real metal and makes us metal heads seem like douches and so forth.

Not that Avenged Sevenfold is, but like Black Veil Brides ..hah

Yup, i agree...

The difference between real heavy metal and emo artists is really huge, only an idiot can confuse them...

Personally i never found a emo artist, when i listen black metal groups as Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth i don't think about emos...

Maybe tokyo Hotel are trash Emo Artist :rolleyes: