Xbox Modders Community
x626xBlack

Article: Armored Core V ? First Impressions

Well I put in a few hours through the weekend and here are my loves, likes, growing on me.. This is not complete by any means. Ill update as I discover.

This is more Chromehounds changed to match Armored Core than the other way around.

All of your old favorites are back plus a few new ones:

• freebattle
  • trade room
  • 20 man lobby
  • run campaigns or territory capture
  • customize your color scheme
  • customize your logos
  • parts - cockpit, legs, treads, inverse, generators, cannons, lasers, machine guns, pistols.....
  • trial runs to test builds
  • CE, and KE damage and resistant parts.... Plus a new one! TE (thermal damage and resistant parts)

New:

Mercenary - only man in the lobby? turn on mercenary mode and wait for someone to hire you to help them (have not tried yet).

parts: arms, mele blades (wolverine claw),

Missing:

Spacers- none available so the builds are not going to get too crazy. :(

heavy artillery

Comments:

Road asked me if I jumped right into freebattle yet.... No I haven't, just like with starting out on Chromehounds you need to run through the campaigns to get parts, logos, money, and a feel for how the different weapons fire, along with how the different tread/legs affect your sighting for weapons.

Commander in freebattle is a map view when you (ping intel) and mark enemies for the rest of your squad ( ran one round of this(

In typical "FromSoft" fashion you have to figure out 95% of the game for your self.

I am still getting the hang of the "skating" movement, jumpjets, and boost.

Game play speed in my opinion is between Chromehounds and AC. If AV is a 10 on a scale in terms of speed (fast) and Chromehounds is a 1 (slow), ACV falls in about a 5 which is fine by me....

I have not found a combas yet but i am still looking :-)

I created 6-26 and am about to start recruiting, I want to get all tghe veterans in that i can before I allow nubs in.

Im up for some old school tf626! Let me know the region and everything.

get your mic fixed Thor... LOL

Do I have to have a contest and award you a headset LOL

Thats how I roll.

Spent a few more hours last night with Road and Thor and discovered i was wrong in my initial review... as I said this is a work in progress.

Apparently just like Chromehounds you have to play the story and order missions to unlock new weapons..

They do have howitzers!

I have set the recruiting to password. We need to openly recruit to get the team up to size, presently this morning we are lvl 28, and i figured out how to view other peoples mechs in the lobby, i also set the squad colors.....

BTW sorry for the friendly fire Thor.... i wasnt thinking. i was trying to shoot down all the baracades for you with my energy shotgun :eek:

Apparently ACV is short on a few things... There is no Strategy guide, websites with info are hard to come by and have yet to find the official forums.

We need all the info we can get. i am going to make a dedicated ACV forum soon.

http://mechaverse.co/forums/

http://www.armoredcore.net/acv/ http://www.famitsu.com/live/acv/ anyone want to translate it?LOL

Recruiting

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/a_d/armored_core_v/f/2395/t/233391.aspx

All right gents. I guess i will put Cheap Thrills in there and let you gents in. ;)

All right gents. I guess i will put Cheap Thrills in there and let you gents in. ;)

Come on Papa..... Come play with 626 for once? Besides, for you to knowingly deny us your wisdom and insight in our great time of need would go against your fine character.

Hey Papa, we got The Onion! :p