Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  
huggypillows

How this forum start?

I'm just curios how some forums starts? and who are the people behind of this

This forum started in about 2009 owned by nick I think that year  , it didn't get to far only had a few hundred members , plus it was basically sitting and I came accross the domain around 2010 or end of 2009 which I then bought it , I had no knowledge with forums as well as forum software so I had a lot of people help me which 99.9% of them are no longer around , so this website has definitely taught me a lot and was fairly successful as it was my first website ever ,what really got me into this was jtag/rgh modding in early 2007-2008 so I thought to myself I enjoy it why not make a website , I found the domain, bought it, then I was running a nulled IPB version (we are and have been licensed)  at the beginning , then from there it's history  I have been hooked ever since just wish I had the time 

On 6/26/2018 at 9:56 PM, Monitorize said:

This forum started in about 2009 owned by nick I think that year  , it didn't get to far only had a few hundred members , plus it was basically sitting and I came accross the domain around 2010 or end of 2009 which I then bought it , I had no knowledge with forums as well as forum software so I had a lot of people help me which 99.9% of them are no longer around , so this website has definitely taught me a lot and was fairly successful as it was my first website ever ,what really got me into this was jtag/rgh modding in early 2007-2008 so I thought to myself I enjoy it why not make a website , I found the domain, bought it, then I was running a nulled IPB version (we are and have been licensed)  at the beginning , then from there it's history  I have been hooked ever since just wish I had the time 

Thanks for answering the question. Its been 9 years since this forum started. I am so grateful that this year I became a member of this forum.

On 6/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, huggypillows said:

I'm just curios how some forums starts? and who are the people behind of this

Thanks for posting this question. There is no harm in asking good questions.

If I may add (I'm new here), such forums are extremely important and productive. They provide a necessary insight from the perspective of the ordinary people. 
Come on, let's be honest, would you trust a generated robotic message, or actual people commenting and giving you advice.

I've spent the past 10 minutes scrolling through this forum and I must say that I'm both curious and amazed. Keep up the good work admins, and good luck to this community. Hope it grows.

Oh, and, to answer your question in a bit more simple way: the forum started with ordinary decent people. :)