Xbox Modders Community
Lidlie

Do you still buy anime DVD's or just download or stream the series online?

I've tried buying anime DVD's when I was in college but when I started working, I just downloaded or stream online. It is less costly and you can also watch it with good quality. Some of the anime websites are kissanime.com, crunchyroll.com and animeheaven.org.

Still buying DVD I like collecting it and maybe I can show to my future family someday. In the future we dont know how fast our technology growing there is a chance that we cannot see DVD or buy if we will have a easy access to everything. Keep it as a treasure and it will last  longer and I like the cover of each anime DVD I bought. If japan is just really near here where you can buy more  original DVD that will more great. Live long DVD collector.

I do both buying the DVD and downloading or streaming it online. But it's a lot more cheaper to buy DVD's. It's only when I don't see the particular animation that I'm looking for in DVD that I would be forced to download or stream it online. 

It depends. What I like about DVD's is that they're more convenient in terms of collecting items. I just play the original copy and watch whenever I want. But for the most part, I prefer downloading them online.

4 hours ago, huggypillows said:

Still buying DVD I like collecting it and maybe I can show to my future family someday. In the future we dont know how fast our technology growing there is a chance that we cannot see DVD or buy if we will have a easy access to everything. Keep it as a treasure and it will last  longer and I like the cover of each anime DVD I bought. If japan is just really near here where you can buy more  original DVD that will more great. Live long DVD collector.

That's inspiring. I guess lots of people still have a fondness for original copies. Most of these people are collectors of official merchandise. And I'd have to agree. The covers are just so pretty.

52 minutes ago, Martinsx said:

I do both buying the DVD and downloading or streaming it online. But it's a lot more cheaper to buy DVD's. It's only when I don't see the particular animation that I'm looking for in DVD that I would be forced to download or stream it online. 

I'm more likely to download episodes while they're still airing. DVD copies are only available once the series is complete. Also, I prefer Blue Ray copies instead of DVD's. They have a better resolution compared to it.