Xbox Modders Community
Monitorize

Xm Community Voice your Opinions!

Switch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should we switch

• Yes
    • No

THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL I am just seeing what members of XM would like to see from us.

Would you guys like if XM switched to a over all forum? where we posted content for IPB possibly (fee add ons and ect with owners consent) as well as VB , Xenforo and , mybb. We will have a over all forum meaning we will have a discussion about almost everything other then advertising. If we were to do this we would be 1. Getting a new domain 2. Switching software possibly depending on peoples vote and possibly switching to Mybb. 3 We would be getting a custom unique skin (i will learn and work on it). 

All of our current members and topics , posts and rep will be kept As possibly many other things.What do you guys think of this? i need the voice of the community . Also if we do this switch will you guys stick with our new domain ? I mean i will work on a skin to match all your guys needs. I may pay some one depending. 

Now you may ask Why? and what is going to happen with current XM and the domain? Well please post/shoot me a pm and i will answer it but this is all i have thought about and is on my mind. I will always keep the XBoxmodders.com domain as i have a ton of history with it. The database and stuff will be merged to the MYBB software or depending if we stay with our current software or change.

I know some of you are asking possibly why? or why now well my reason is

IPB is bullshit it uses soo much resources since ipb 3.1 that its just pathetic. IPB uses so much it could slow the site down as it has before for XM I have tried conserving and optimization as much as i could but i cant stand this anymore. We have not been hacked with IPB but i dont think  we will be hacked on mybb as long as we dont over due the apps and add ons.

Here is a link of forum software i would switch to 

http://www.xboxmodders.com/index.php?/topic/4244-forum-software/?hl=%2Bforum+%2Bsoftware

Pros and cons of this

Pros

More discussions

We might get more visitors and as the content we will be having

New skin again.

New Badges.

more organized

We wont mainly focus on XBox we will focus on everything such as PC modding XBox PS3 Coding/programming.
inbuilt features that IPB doesnt have

Wont use resources as much as IPB which will make the site faster

Cons

DMCA take downs depending if i go with the nulled forum software stuff.

Will have to remake the XM Cap

More work for me but if this is what the community wants then i will do this.

Paying for a theme instead of me making one

Might possibly have downtime.

Hmm i would like to see XM as mybb, but kyle you know ill be here no matter what.

I believe we should. We will still have all our posts and not to mention our current forums. Plus the switch will bring in more traffic because we cover a broad topic.

I don't have a fucking clue

Switch. It will definitely bring more traffic and if you need help with MyBB I can help since I know it pretty well.

Now the difficult thing would be chosing a Domain Name.

Switch. It will definitely bring more traffic and if you need help with MyBB I can help since I know it pretty well.

Now the difficult thing would be chosing a Domain Name.

Already have 2 domains lined up :D so shouldn't be a problem

Already have 2 domains lined up :D so shouldn't be a problem

hmm mind telling me on AIM?

This is hard but I think mybb because I have saw big gaming community use all types of forum.

YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.YES, YES, YES.

Switch. Like other people said it would bring in more traffic now that it is going to be more broad topic. MyBB! 

-Sosa