Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  
Magik Chicken

My City HD pack

Furnace added today. Apart from the flames, it was drawn entirely by hand in photoshop.

Looking to make chest next

I love it! Great job.

This is what I`ve been working on recently. Some of the textures are handdrawn, some are from photos I have taken and some are images from the net which have inspired me

Cityscapeexamplecopy.jpg

Please note, the workbench is not transparent, its just black!!

Also, for those who make cities, is there anything you would like added?

Enjoy

Bricks fixed (23.02.12)

Furnace added (23.02.12)

Hello, Im glad someone has done this, I was going to do a modern one, but I got caught up in my current 'venture' texture pack. I congratulate you, these are very very good, but one thing I dont really like, is your grass, the side of the grass, the dirt is too grey, and the grass is square, dont make the grass square, or It will be the one thing that lets this texture pack down.

P.S: I think your grass (which needs fixing desperately) looks VERY similar to Avatar block war's grass... , which looks terrible. So fix this please... PLEASE, this is a very good quality texture pack, with the tiniest let down.

Edit: I think the grass will fit with the rest of the texture pack having thought about it. :)

Hello, Im glad someone has done this, I was going to do a modern one, but I got caught up in my current 'venture' texture pack. I congratulate you, these are very very good, but one thing i HATE, is your grass, the side of the grass, the dirt is too grey, and the grass is square, dont make the grass square, or It will be the one thing that lets this texture pack down.

P.S: I think your grass (which needs fixing desperately) looks VERY similar to Avatar block war's grass... , which looks terrible. So fix this please... PLEASE, this is a very good quality texture pack, with the tiniest let down.

Glad you like it. I`m not sure what you mean by the grass is square. Would you mind clarifying?

In the image in the OP, the grass and soil is tiled. Just in case this is the issue I`ve gone to the trouble of creating this graphic. Hope this helps.

grassexample.jpg

Just added the storage chest side (next to the vent in the OP image)

With all the sides being the same it is kinda limiting what can be used as a storage chest i.e..no safes, no drawers etc

So I opted for this modern looking storage box. The locked version will have a padlock.

Off to bed..logging off

Glad you like it. I`m not sure what you mean by the grass is square. Would you mind clarifying?

In the image in the OP, the grass and soil is tiled. Just in case this is the issue I`ve gone to the trouble of creating this graphic. Hope this helps.

grassexample.jpg

On the Grass and soil one, the grass looks like a cuboid resting on the soil, I think it needs more pieces of grass that overhang from this cuboid, creating a more irregular feel to the grass that is on the side. It feels a bit too plain at the moment, and I know its not a perfect cuboid, but I think it needs a bit more exaggeration of this...

Although, having though about it, grass like this will fit with the modern theme, as most grass in cities is very well cut, either way, I love your texture pack, its very very good, and when your up close with the textures in-game, the grass only having slight irregularities will most likely do your pack a great justice :)

Id just leave it as it is having thought about it, as you know what your texture pack should be like, and you know how its meant to feel, Keep up the good work. :)

Cheers musical egg

Folks,

chest finalised and I`ve added some striped for the road

Are there any textures you would like to use in if you designed a city map? If so, let me know!