Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  

HD GRASS, DIRT, SIDEVIEW

This is just to show a buddy where I've started off. Don't judge. HD Texture Pack.

ae4efl.jpg

This is just to show a buddy where I've started off. Don't judge. HD Texture Pack.

ae4efl.jpg

amazing just amazing! (sorry for judging)

wow!! is that from an actual picture or have you made it?(sorry i dont understand how HD texture packs work) thats amazing :D

I feel like you took an actual pic!

soil looks black on my screen

Agreed, looks good(!), but the soil looks a bit dark- almost like the Carbon block.

I'm from Missouri, so I know what "loam" looks like (this), but probably a lighter brown would work better.

Thanks guys, But I'm going to leave the Dirt as a dark colour because I was aiming for Dark pottery Soil rather than outdoor dirt.

And to answer a few simple questions, I've taken small samples off the interest (about 5x5pixels) and just based the rest of the block on the colours in my sample. This ensures the entire block is a constant colour, so there's no recognizable spots when tiling. I'm excited to start bricks, because in my past sprite-design experience I've never had a problem with Tiling.

I find it funny how this was only a post to show a friend where I started. I can't show many other blocks for the safety of my work.

Keep the comments coming please :) I'd love for Craig to view my work. Check my profile to see any other posts / future posts I have.

looks really good. nice job. keep it up

Amazing! Can't wait to see what else you can do.

The dirt definitely needs to be brighter, it'll look ridiculously dark in-game, probably.