Xbox Modders Community

HD TEXTURE PACK - LifeLike

PLEASE PLUS ME +

This is my original texture pack called " LifeLike " Which I'd love to see in the game. If you agree please leave a comment. I'd love for Craig to see my progress.

Every uploaded picture after this one will have my watermark for it's safety. I'm currently working on the top/bottom of the tree; and it's going GREAT! . It'll be my most effort so far.

Please see my topics on my profile and support my Avatar idea.

To answer past and future questions;

I grab very small samples (about 5x5 pixels) and base the rest of the block off the colours in my sample to ensure everything is constant. Once I have a texture that resembles itself I tile, tweak, Tile tweak and repeat until it's proper. After Tiling I shade, add brightness and blend, at the same time I fade other images I made in paint to add effects (Usually just shading or colouring)

dcd9jd.jpg

PLEASE PLUS ME +

This is my original texture pack called " LifeLike " Which I'd love to see in the game. If you agree please leave a comment. I'd love for Craig to see my progress.

Every uploaded picture after this one will have my watermark for it's safety. I'm currently working on the top/bottom of the tree; and it's going GREAT! . It'll be my most effort so far.

Please see my topics on my profile and support my Avatar idea.

To answer past and future questions;

I grab very small samples (about 5x5 pixels) and base the rest of the block off the colours in my sample to ensure everything is constant. Once I have a texture that resembles itself I tile, tweak, Tile tweak and repeat until it's proper. After Tiling I shade, add brightness and blend, at the same time I fade other images I made in paint to add effects (Usually just shading or colouring)

dcd9jd.jpg

Can I take your tree texture and edit it?

I need a good tree texture for my TP, but I cant make a good hand-made one, but I cant find a decent picture one.

I promise it will look completely different ...

BTW there is an ever so discrete tiling issue on your top grass... this could easily be ammended :)

Can I take your tree texture and edit it?

I need a good tree texture for my TP, but I cant make a good hand-made one, but I cant find a decent picture one.

I promise it will look completely different ...

I apologize for crashing down on you but you'll have to refrain from using my artwork. This is very time-consuming and it's difficult to have everything tile perfectly as well as have things look naturalistic.

Not to mention I've had to completely restart my tree blocks a couple times when I couldn't tweak the tiling well enough.

I hope you understand and can let me continue posting my progress.

I apologize for crashing down on you but you'll have to refrain from using my artwork. This is very time-consuming and it's difficult to have everything tile perfectly as well as have things look naturalistic.

Not to mention I've had to completely restart my tree blocks a couple times when I couldn't tweak the tiling well enough.

I hope you understand and can let me continue posting my progress.

Oh Id never think of stealing, would it be better If i let you take one of my textures from my pack? They are all Hand Made, no pictures, all tile perfectly, you could take one of those textures and edit them so long as I can take one of yours, im not desperate for one, as I already have one, I just think this one looks nice.

P.S you need to work on making the top of the grass tile, as it isn't tiling...

Also the tree wont look so good, as there is more shadowing on the right hand side of the tree trunk, this will look odd in-game, you need to even them out to create a spherical effect that will make the trunk look good...

Take A look at my texture pack, Id be happy to hear some feedback...

Id never think of stealing, but I dont watermark mine, because the textures are made by hand, by me, I recognize every single one, and will flag anyone up that uses them.

Oh Id never think of stealing, would it be better If i let you take one of my textures from my pack? They are all Hand Made, no pictures, all tile perfectly, you could take one of those textures and edit them so long as I can take one of yours, im not desperate for one, as I already have one, I just think this one looks nice.

P.S you need to work on making the top of the grass tile, as it isn't tiling...

Also the tree wont look so good, as there is more shadowing on the right hand side of the tree trunk, this will look odd in-game, you need to even them out to create a spherical effect that will make the trunk look good...

Take A look at my texture pack, Id be happy to hear some feedback...

Id never think of stealing, but I dont watermark mine, because the textures are made by hand, by me, I recognize every single one, and will flag anyone up that uses them.

Let me cover a few things.

1) LLAMAvsCOW's criticism means a lot more to me than yours. Saying that; this texture pack is the product.

2) I'm not going to tell you your pack's flaws because I don't care how yours looks in the end. I'm only concerned about my own right now.

3) I'm leaving a watermark because I as well 'handcrafted' these in MS paint, then majorly edited in Adobe Photoshop, and don't want anyone stealing my blocks.

4) I'm not concerned about my grass

5) I am confident to say I can achieve more without basing any structure off your curriculum's.

6) Please make your own texture pack. I'm only trying to make mine.

I can feel the tension and get the impression that you are offended. All I've done was keep my right. Please show respect for dedicated players.

Let me cover a few things.

1) LLAMAvsCOW's criticism means a lot more to me than yours. Saying that; this texture pack is the product.

2) I'm not going to tell you your pack's flaws because I don't care how yours looks in the end. I'm only concerned about\ my own right now.

3) I'm leaving a watermark because I as well 'handcrafted' these in MS paint, then majorly edited in Adobe Photoshop, and don't want anyone stealing my blocks.

4) I'm not concerned about my grass

5) I am confident to say I can achieve more without basing any structure off your curriculum's.

6) Please make your own texture pack. I'm only trying to make mine.

I can feel the tension and get the impression that you are offended. All I've done was keep my right. Please show respect for dedicated players.

Whoah, I was just asking...

I personally love people to flame my TP it helps me correct any flaws...

If you dont want any negative feedback, and dont want people stealing your textures, then you dont post it out on the web for everyone to see and talk about, do you?

Whoah, I was just asking...

I personally love people to flame my TP it helps me correct any flaws...

If you dont want any negative feedback, and dont want people stealing your textures, then you dont post it out on the web for everyone to see and talk about, do you?

Which is why I stated (if you read my post initially) that my future updates will consist of my watermark.

Which is way I stated (if you read my post initially) that my future updates will consist of my watermark.

*why

*why

The answer to that is obvious. The watermark is so people (like yourself) To attempt to steal his work. Nobody wants their work stolen unless they release it to be used by the public and has the permission to use it which in-fact you do not.What else is there to understand?