haz

Windows 8 less popular than Vista

Is windows 8 really all that it was hyped upto be? Statistics show not,

Data from Net Applications shows that Windows 8 is less popular than Windows Vista, the operating system that proved unpopular with the enthusiast audience.

Windows 8 usage uptake has slipped behind Vista’s in the same point in its release. Windows 8 online usage share is around 1.6% of all Windows PC’s which is less than the 2.2% share that Windows Vista commanded at the same two month mark after release.

Net Applications monitor operating system usage by recording OS version for around 40,000 sites it monitors for clients.

The slowdown for Windows 8 adoption is a bad sign for Microsoft who experienced great success with the release of Windows 7.

Data was measured up to the 22nd of December, so there is still time by the end of the month for Windows 8 to claim a higher percentage of the user base.

windows-8-sales.jpg

The New York Times have also said that U.S. consumer sales of Windows machines from late October through to the first week of December are down 13% compared to the same period a year previous.

A poll on kitguru shows that the large majority of users are sticking to Windows 7.

I don't blame them, personally I regret updating to windows 8

wow i honestly like windows 8 i'm surprised at this :O

wow i honestly like windows 8 i'm surprised at this :O

And I honstely hate windows 8 I like windows 7 the most :troll:

windows 8 is pure bollocks and the reason that is, is because it was designed for tablet PC's (Im sure you have all seen the advert on the telly with all the people clicking the thing), the biggest inconvenience in my opinion was not having a proper start button, although I used custom shell or something like that to make one in my opinion it still wasn't the desktop feeling, so I switched back to windows 8.

vista was the shittest os to be made windows 7 the best in my eyes wont even be wasting my time on fuckin shitty windows 8 :lol: :derp:

why was vista hated? I quite liked it IMO.

Honestly speaking, I have used windows 8 for approximately one year. However, I decided to switch back to windows 7 because it is stable and does not require regular updates that come windows 8 and 10. So, I agree.