Xbox Modders Community
VTX SPARTAN

Abortion

People who suffer from BP disorder all have a thing when they are off their meds. Sometime they have a small thing even when on their meds. My Mother -N-Laws 'thing" is spending money and shopping.. I know sounds like a typical woman... No brother. She goes to the store (when she could drive and had a check book) and would come home with 5 lbs of butter, 8 boxes of brownie mix...She lived alone then!

The local pharmacy would send my wife the bills to pay. Example... Meds $125.... Misc crap $745 a month lol... This is a widow living on a Firemans Pension..

I have been to many of the Dr apts she goes to about it. I was talking to the nurse in the waiting room, she told my wife and I that her mom was bi=polar.. her thing was "getting naked". She had been called by the police because her mom was in the front yard gardening naked...

I've never taken medication for it so I guess I don't have a thing. The side effects of taking lithium and the anti-psychotics they like to give are worse than the symptoms, and I'm Bipolar two so I never reach full mania and the depressive states mirror a bad case of clinical depression. I've gone to counseling and the like but didn't want to take meds.

that doesnt sound like bipolar, it sounds more like shizo-affective disorder.

edit- that was meant for black..

I've never taken medication for it so I guess I don't have a thing. The side effects of taking lithium and the anti-psychotics they like to give are worse than the symptoms, and I'm Bipolar two so I never reach full mania and the depressive states mirror a bad case of clinical depression. I've gone to counseling and the like but didn't want to take meds.

Ok I got ya. I am not sure but does BP get worse with age? My Mother in law had the full Emotional Roller Coaster, manic periods. She even spoke to the Virgin Mary, I am not sure which one she spoke to because she has 14 of them in her bed room (more than a touch of OCD also) at the time but she had a conversation with one of them. Off her meds she Cycles better than Lance Armstrong.

I am sure you have done your research but I found this interesting in regards to your child hood.

http://todaysbpmanaged.com/p_41386/Causes_and_Symptoms_of_Bipolar_Disorder.htm?ss=Bipolar+Disorder+Symptoms&gclid=CJmnx7HVtZ8CFREhnAodfW_s1Q

BTW I went to Galveston two weekends ago. It looks like it has pretty much returned to the off season Norm.

Not necessarily. A person experiencing a full on manic episode will do very odd things. One of the more common ones is to buy a ***** load of stuff in their state of grandeur. As for the naked thing, another common thing during mania is extreme promiscuity or sexual desire, so she may have been putting everything on the table by going outside naked. But, yeah, the naked thing does sound like schizo-affective.

okay, after reading your post, I have come to the conclusion that your mother-in-law almost certainly has shizo-affective disorder. Pretty crazy stuff.

okay, after reading your post, I have come to the conclusion that your mother-in-law almost certainly has shizo-affective disorder. Pretty crazy stuff.

Dude.... Brother... Man.... You just do not know.

Oh and do not tell her she is getting a check of any type or amount. She will be on the phone about it for 2 weeks.

Funny thing. She never liked sweets.. UNTIL she was told she was diabetic.

She did not drink UNTIL she was told alcohol effects her Lithium levels.

Here is the one that puzzles me and neither she or my wife can explain it to me.

In the summer my house is a cool 70 F...She wears a short sleeve shirt.

In the Winter my house is a warm 70 F.. She wears a turtle neck, long sleeve shirt, light jacket, and an over coat.... In the fucking house.

Appreciate your mind... You never know when you will loose it.