Xbox Modders Community
Loki

Death Penalty

Yay or Nay?

I'm completely against it.

Definately No - do not do it.

**** that ***** - an easy way out via lethal injection???

Do like the russians did - bust rocks in northern alaska. You want to run - go ahead - if a polar bear does not eat you, you will become a popsicle.

I always said if they ever catch osama, may he rot in hell, that he should be brought to trial in New York. The finest lawyers should be assigned to him. He will get off like OJ and MJ did, and should be released out the front door of the courthouse, into the waiting mob of new yorkers. Once they have beaten him to a pulp, but not dead (use only fists and feet), he should be rescued and given the finest medical care money can buy. Then when he is fully recovered, released out the front door with great fanfare and news coverage, to repeat the process of punishment again and again.

Point is the death penality is too humane now to give justice to the victims. Maybe if you shot them in the stomach with a single small caliber bullet or turned them loose in a tiger cage at the zoo you could get me to agree to it.

The punishment should fit the crime.

Plan, Plot, and intentionally take someone Else's life and you pay with yours.

Steal a childs life and innocence and you should NEVER be allowed to walk free AGAIN.

The punishment should fit the crime.

Plan, Plot, and intentionally take someone Else's life and you pay with yours.

Steal a childs life and innocence and you should NEVER be allowed to walk free AGAIN.

I agree - put them in prison for life ... but make that life meaningless and hard. Give them no pleasures, but no easy way out

The punishment should fit the crime? This isn't medieval times.

The main issue I have with the death penalty is the fact that you are doing what you are seeking to prevent. You murder someone for murdering someone? It's completely backwards.

You can justify anything based on emotional hardships, which is why I entirely understand those who have lost a child or a loved one and are for the death penalty. But, in a nation founded on Christian ideals, what happened to forgiveness and understanding? Don't get me wrong, I do not want murders released from prison in any sense of the word, but I feel that most people commit these crime under unstoppable circumstances.

There is proof against the Death Penalty in terms of deterrence, as most people who commit murders are so sure that they will get away with it, such as those involved in gangs and the like, or commit crimes of passion in which the person has no real control of their actions due to emotional stress. Also, you have opportunistic murders such as those committed by serial killers and the like, which are also completely unstoppable. These three factors play into each other, and should be studied.

Another issue I have against the Death Penalty is the killing of people who are innocent. There have been a disturbingly significant amount of cases where the person who was put on death row or even killed was innocent. These are completely unforgivable on our part and we have made ourselves no better than the people who committed the crimes.

Science has just recently become more adept at using DNA and other things to solve cases, but there are people on death row who have been there since before these technologies existed or were used. How can we prove or disprove the innocence of these people? In a lot of cases, we can't so to kill these people based on lack of credible evidence is, again, completely wrong.

Another issue is the topic of 'humane' killing. A study done showed that many of those killed by lethal injection had nowhere near enough anesthesia needed. So that means that every single of these people died COMPLETELY aware of everything. I don't know about you, but suffocation and a heart attack sound pretty painful, especially when unable to scream or anything of the like. So yet again, it's completely barbaric.

The philosophy of using Nazi methodology to assure Justice by murdering someone for murdering someone who could die painfully and innocent after years of psychological trauma from never knowing when they'd die for a crime that wasn't dictated by logical decision is, indeed, fucking asinine.

My choice of action would be: high security imprisonment, psychological study and counseling, and no chance of parole or every rejoining normal society. Every inmate should have to do work that benefits society, Florida has a great system by making them sort trash and recyclable materials, regardless of their crimes.

For, but the hard labour camps should be there as well. Having them build some gravel roads in remote places like the north should do nicely. The "for it" is for those that have no place in a civil society. Fix your drug laws damn it.

I'm adamantly against it. I always find it funny how religious people are so against abortion and one of their main principles is "Thou shall not kill" but they find no problem killing criminals. Not to mention that it really doesn't make us any better than those crazy Muslims stoning each other. Oh wait, we're American so that makes it okay and totally different because we kill our criminals in a nice way.

The only logical solution is a real-life Running Man.

Im against it, if only because a lot of those scumbags deserve much worse than a quick death..

For. Cant stand spending 1+ million dollars a year on them. Put my money else were. Like a box of .45.