Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jazzy

15 Minutes of Fame: Raiding on 8 hours a week

From Hollywood celebrities to the guy next door, millions of people have made World of Warcraft a part of their lives. How do you play WoW? We're giving each approach its own 15 Minutes of Fame.

What marks the line in the sand between "hardcore" raiding and "casual" raiding? Is it an attitude, time spent ... both? We're not going to get into the debate here -- but you're sure to come away with new food for thought after this interview with the GM of , which recently downed the Lich King in 25-man heroic mode -- the 244th guild in the world and only the 70th in the United States to do so -- on just 8 hours of raiding per week.

15 Minutes of Fame: Let's start with some introductions.

Chupa: My former main (I'm currently on sabbatical for school) is Chupadruid, a healer in <a href="http://www.skunkworksguild.com"Skunkworks/a> on Balnazzar (US-H). Before that I raided on my warlock, Chupavida. I founded the guild as on Crushridge (US) in September of 2008, in anticipation of the release of Wrath of the Lich King.

How did you arrive at the idea of a limited-schedule raiding guild?

I started playing the game in August 2006 to join some friends from work in their extremely casual adventures. As a married student dragging myself through undergrad, I didn't have time to join any of the guilds on my server (which all raided three to five nights a week). I also had no interest in joining a raiding scene where racism, vulgarity and general internet douchebaggery were the norm. As a consequence, my experience with raiding was limited to ogling the guys in T2 as they idled in Org and getting blown up in WSG by T3 premades. I did take my warlock to some feeble attempts to clear ZG and AQ-20, but those runs were lucky to kill trash, let alone bosses.Continue reading 15 Minutes of Fame: Raiding on 8 hours a week

Filed under: Raiding, Interviews, 15 Minutes of Fame

15 Minutes of Fame: Raiding on 8 hours a week originally appeared on WoW.com on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...