Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  
HighTech

My Old Laptops?

Maybe servers. But I don't have a lot of space in my home. I could like build a shelf and just stack them on top and have them as servers. Good thinking.

:facepalm: Whatever you say...

Ill take one off of your hands!

List the specs please . then we could help alot more.

A lot of them are Dell Inspiron 4100's.  They have 258-512 Mb of Ram and a 1GHz Processor. Nothing big. In fact really really slow. So there isn't a real point for them to be servers.  might just give away to people who need them. I have them in a storage place anyways so I would have to pick them up.

A lot of them are Dell Inspiron 4100's.  They have 258-512 Mb of Ram and a 1GHz Processor. Nothing big. In fact really really slow. So there isn't a real point for them to be servers.  might just give away to people who need them. I have them in a storage place anyways so I would have to pick them up.

oh ok nevermind then. well if you wanted to you could set them up to mine bitcoins but expect 1 bitcoin in like 2 years with all those pcs running the miner. lol:P

oh ok nevermind then. well if you wanted to you could set them up to mine bitcoins but expect 1 bitcoin in like 2 years with all those pcs running the miner. lol:P

Lol there is no point of that lol

I would just sell them separate/ in parts. Cause those specs are not good lol

There are lots of hardware components in a laptop that is still usable like HDD, ROM, RAM, Bluetooth Module, Camera Module and even the screen. If you have a little bit of skills try up cycling them. But if it still works fine you can use it as a server or a DVR for CCTV.

You can scrap them and sell,this is what is mostly done in my country.Either you turn it into a server or you outrightly sell.it off

If you are not in a position to turn them into servers, just give them away. That's what I do, donating whatever I am no using to someone in need of it.