Xbox Modders Community
GrimReapaa

Spider Information?

Okay, so I am making a map and just to put it short it involves the AI of the game which of course for now, is spiders.

In order to make this map, I would LOVE to know the basics of spiders such as:

The room to spawn?

Can you place blocks around spider eggs to prevent spawns?

Are the spiders' movements based on the player(s) movements?

How often do you think they jump? (ex: 1-3 blocks?)

How high do they jump? (In block format, please :D)

Their width?

Their height?

Are they effected by drowning?

Are they effected by lava?

Can falling blocks such as Teflon harm spiders?

Do spiders EVER disappear from inactivity?

What takes a spider to glitch into blocks and float upwards?

All help is appreciated and for those who provide answers will get my GT for support in my map! Thanks very much and I do hope that this information does not only help me, but all viewers of this thread! :)

The room to spawn?: ~3x3x2

Can you place blocks around spider eggs to prevent spawns?: No. They pop through the rocks when I try. You can trap them after the spawn but you can't really prevent it

Are the spiders' movements based on the player(s) movements?: Yes. They gravitate towards the player the second the spawn. If you stand still they will too, if you move they'll try to gain ground. (I think there's a certain block vicinity they try to stay in but I don't know what it is. The reason is if you build a tower 10 blocks high and let the spiders swarm around you then jump, they jump in an attempt to stay with you. It's possible because they don't jump when you're standing still.)

How often do you think they jump?: (ex: 1-3 blocks?) Often as in the player moving? It seems there's a delay in their jumping. If you're running full away they'll jump as often as they can, about 1 second intervals. The length of those jumps depend on distance from the player. It's hard to tell how long but I'd guesstimate 8ish max.

How high do they jump?: (In block format, please :D) 6-7

Their width?: ~3

Their height?: 2-3

Are they effected by drowning?: No (?)

Are they effected by lava?: Yes, very effective

Can falling blocks such as Teflon harm spiders?: I'm unsure. It takes ~4 Teflon to kill a player if that helps your tests

Do spiders EVER disappear from inactivity?: Not that I've seen, I've been idle for 20 minutes and they just stare..

What takes a spider to glitch into blocks and float upwards?: Not enough room to spawn will do it, or, like with when players glitch through the ceiling they'll hit something when they jump and it'll take them in. This is the best explanation I have. I've seen spiders with plenty of room jump and get stuck in blocks but never seen them get carried up

This is the best I can do, note that these are off the top of my head. If I find a correction I'll make it for you but hopefully someone else has some more exact numbers

Thanks for the info! I have tested some spiders in a small room but most of my answers haven't been answered from the tests except the lava, teflon, movement, spawning, and the floating bug.

Thanks, really helps out with my map making!

Also, if anyone else can find out the disappearance that would be nice. I thought of this because I left an infested spider cave once and came back after a good hour and they were all clustered around the egg or flying right out of it when I came back. They didn't seem to be where I left them last at least xD

Just btw spiders have jumped over 15 block high on my world. Haha they cleare my colleeseum.

If theres more than one they can kinda double jump. Ive seen a couple go into the sky when i was

Messing around on creative

Sorry for off topic but how do the spider things work? I was in the creative mode and I spawned one of those things and waited thinking "Oh it'll hatch and I have to kill 'em" but nothing ever happened. Can someone explain to me please? Lol

Go to options and turn combat on

Thanks for the information about the jumping height :D

And to turn on the spiders in creative just place down and egg and put combat on and doom will happen.