Xbox Modders Community
2Ez

Major site suggestion

I think monitorize and myself should close the site until summer comes along because the site has gotten rather dead because of school , sports, etc.

I hate to see the site in this condition there for I am suggesting that we close down the site so monitorize and myself can do some upgrades and stuff and by the summer of 2013 we will have xboxmodders v2!

How will we get the members back ?

Well in the summer monitorze and myself will do what we did to get the members in the first place advertise on ttg with vpn's etc .. We will also send out a mass chain mail to all the members in the database

What do you guys think ?

And for the few active members we could set up like a beta tester program will a select few will have access to the site still and get to test new features etc!

he will forget about this site after 9 months if you close it... lol

I'm not sure about this but if it's necessary then I guess their is no getting around the fact that the site is slowly becoming dead

Well if this is going to happen make sure to email me once its back because I have always been active :)

We need to get rid of these spam bots and spam posts.

I have been reporting content but the staff still ain't deleting it?

You don't need to close it.... Just do your upgrades and sh*t, then set it to offline and update it. Sure the site has become a tad dead, but you named the reasons why it has. People are busy with school and stuff. Once all it calms down, then start advertising, and it will kick up in activity/

Don't spam other forums. I hate that *****, I've already been talking to monitorize what I'm gonna do.

Wow. I just signed up and this is what I see?

This is a very bad idea. After 9 months of school and work, you guys will have most likely moved on past XboxModders, and there would most likely not be a v2. For your guys idea of Bulk Mailing all the member, people such as me, would not recieve the emails because I opt out. Also, most of these advertising techniques should be used to gather new members now, rather than anytime later. You got to put a lot of work into a forum, and using it only in the summer is a huge loss and very counter productive. There are many ways to approach XboxModders slowly losing activity. You guys can promote activity, advertise for new members, promote members to advertise for new members, pay forum activists (basically you pay people after they sign up on your forum and post # of posts that are considered non-spam), and more. Be creative and don't let a community die.