Xbox Modders Community

See, did you read my above posts?

I did, I know it's an old code but I still can't get passed the fact it was that bad. I'm going to cry if the full game sucks.

I did, I know it's an old code but I still can't get passed the fact it was that bad. I'm going to cry if the full game sucks.

I give up

I give up

I have to admit, what ruin the beta for me is when the defending team would just glitch under the map and just kill us over and over and we couldnt do anything.

I'm aware its a beta and im sure that it will be fixed, but that just ruined my fun. My "beta experience" if you will.

I have to admit, what ruin the beta for me is when the defending team would just glitch under the map and just kill us over and over and we couldnt do anything.

I'm aware its a beta and im sure that it will be fixed, but that just ruined my fun. My "beta experience" if you will.

the reason for all the graphical glitches is bc the beta is running on the old engine to keep the file size down. the graphix will be much better when the real game releases on the real engine. They also had to tone down the destructive properties (how much stuff cld be blown up) for the beta as well. real game = more destruction :)

So, I got to get hands on time with BF3. Man I was excited to play it but what I saw was... Dissapointing. It was the beta for the 360 baring in mind we all knew the graphics weren't going to be anywhere near as good as they were for PC, they were alot worse than expected. Bad company 2 felt like it had a 1-up on both graphics and sound effects. The rendering time for objects was really poor too.

But not everything is about Grpahics... I know that, I mean I play Vegas 2 for god sake! (Graphics were poor for its time) So you know first impressions aren't that great but I want to give it time as i've really fallen in love with how battlefield is played. On the beta, only "core" is available to play. I always play "hardcore" because I prefer a more realitic feel to what i'm playing. Less assists as such. So I was handicapted by not knowing how the map was layed out and with all these "assists" on my hud. I spot enemies and begin to fire at them. At the time I was playing as an assualt class (M16a2 with Iron sights) No big deal I thought. The target is about 100- 200 feet away from where I was. The recoil, was challenging and not only that it took alot of bullets to put them down.

Basically, I was getting owned. So already pretty dissapointed I bit the bullet and carried on and played "Engineer" One of my favoured classes as it had ownage weps. (M4 Carbine with Iron sights) No biggy I thought... But time and time again I found myself struggling to secure a kill. Even when were inside the Metro station at closer quaters things were tough. (Keep in mind i'm used to hardcore) It felt alot more like a "COD" than a battlefield yet not as satisfying.

So after about 15 minutes of watching my friend play it and about 15 minutes of me playing it, I didn't want to play it anymore. I was dissapointed and didn't even feel any sense of enjoyment while I was playing it. Sat there trying to think of good things about the game and it was very difficult... The Animations, look fluid and smooth. "hitting the deck" as it were is very fast giving you a chance to get out of line of sight. Jumping over obsticales was also pretty sweet. It almost had that kind of Brink feel to it(As the parkour system for brink was the only thing that was going for it) But if your asking for anything else, that'll all you'll be getting from me.

I can easily see this game was designed for the hardcore PC gamer, We've all seen how impressive the graphics are through the trailers but you will not get that same effect playing it on console. I didn't get a chance to drive a vehicle but i'm not sure if there was one in the demo. You're all entitled to your own opinions but I thought i'd share mine and this is the best way I could put it. I was backing battlefield 3 to win the year over COD. I've always prefferd how battlefield has been played rather than the lone wolf approach COD takes. But now? After playing this, i'm actually backing COD. I was very dissapointed with what I saw today and yes it was only a beta and yes its not finished. But its less than a month till release and things aren't going to drastically change.

Anyways, thats all from me. Hope its not all recieved the same way. When the beta becomes open to everyone, I will download it and try it again because I don't want to turn my back on it. Anyways, one love and post what you think about the game when you get your chance to play it. PEACE!

I felt the same way except I have always been bias towards liking CoD more. I never really liked the game play enough to get past the graphics. Granted the diving and climbing obstacles is a nice touch. I literally played the ending of a game and part of the start of the game (About 30 mins) total play time. And I during the intermission of the first game to the second all I heard were negative things (Was already not liking the game but wanted to give it a chance mind you...) and heard all the same things and then some. I have already deleted the beta off my HD for shear fact it's wasted space. I really wanted to try another FPS other than Halo and CoD but it is severely lacking as stated above. My money will be buying MW3 for sure now. They may not want to run a Beta in the future because people do think that is close to the final product... (We know that is not the case.) Bottom line I have the confidence that MW3 will take the win yet again .

I felt the same way except I have always been bias towards liking CoD more. I never really liked the game play enough to get past the graphics. Granted the diving and climbing obstacles is a nice touch. I literally played the ending of a game and part of the start of the game (About 30 mins) total play time. And I during the intermission of the first game to the second all I heard were negative things (Was already not liking the game but wanted to give it a chance mind you...) and heard all the same things and then some. I have already deleted the beta off my HD for shear fact it's wasted space. I really wanted to try another FPS other than Halo and CoD but it is severely lacking as stated above. My money will be buying MW3 for sure now. They may not want to run a Beta in the future because people do think that is close to the final product... (We know that is not the case.) Bottom line I have the confidence that MW3 will take the win yet again .

Feel better now

Well just because I want and I want to make whiney kids cry because they said this was horrible.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/03/battlefield-3-open-beta-update-2.aspx#%23

Enjoy.

Well just because I want and I want to make whiney kids cry because they said this was horrible.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/03/battlefield-3-open-beta-update-2.aspx#%23

Enjoy.

Kids just dont read previous posts. Plus it is cool for them to dislike it ;)

I personally do not think the graphics will be improved.. That is what people said about halo 3 and it was the same as the beta.

Also a company would not release a freaking beta with a poor old engine.. It would hurt the sales of the game because people would be like omg these graphics suck.

It would be better to not release a beta at all if that were the case...

Enjoy.

The people who are complaining would rather play the same game they have been playing for years....Cod

Almost exact same weapons in the game, same physics, same graphics, and same a**hole community.

Now battlefield has new graphics, new destruction, new guns (let alone, your not limited by what fire mode your on,because you can change it), the best sound quality you can get out of games, and no kill streaks.

I always played cod since cod3, and cod 4 has been my favorite game ever since it came out, but now cod has decided to add to much which is not that fun. I don't want to have 3 helicopters in the air plus having to worry about a rc car with bombs on it :huh: .

They should have kept with 3 unique kill streaks

Now the guns on cod are completely out of whack. You have a better chance in surviving a 50cal Barrett compared to a p90(which shoots 9m)

In other words bf3 pretty much made a whole new game but they kept to the basics which is a big gun will give you big results; and there is no one man army.