Shattered Skies

Physical Map

You know you want it..  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to get Physical?

• Yes!
    • Maybe.. Im an Inbetweener sir.
    • No! Your crazy.

Could what be implemented into the game?

The physical map idea?

The physical map idea?

Um, well that's what we are trying to decide here...

Um, well that's what we are trying to decide here...

Did you read my post stating why the map isn't needed until the world size is bigger?

Did you read my post stating why the map isn't needed until the world size is bigger?

Yes

its a good idea but if it was to happen i think you would have to craft a map or it and walk around your world it would show where you have been becuse if not i think it would be way to easy to find things on the map but i like the concept it would be a nice addionto the game

can someone please explaine this a little further to me cuz im rather confused to what were even talking about? :s

Hmm, Craig that's a mighty fine map.

Give me a few hours ill report back with details of vital information for this map.

You'll be convinced buddy :D

It would be pretty cool to have a map, but I think it may be a little too easy to navigate, atleast in survival(I'm all about survival being as difficult as possible).

Maybe if the map was implemented, it wouldn't be in the legendary difficulty?

I dont know if its been mentioned or not but it would be cool if it also showed enemy spawn points, not the enemy, just there spawn point so you can tell where all the 'hot zones' are and where to stay clear from. Brilliant!!

Alright Craig, you said convince you. Lets go

> The first thing I would like to say, it can be optional as described and only used in certain game modes. Mainly wanted this for creative mode.

> Optional zoom in and out filter if you wanted

> Could be used as a sort of beacon type thing to find your buddy if he sets off a beacon, it would display real time signal response like a cellist signal

> Would give people another option of fun or creativity in designing maps if allowed

> Top down as is, I can't then Jim of a way for depth but if its in survival that just makes it all the better so you can't see the ores and you have to find them visually instead of the mini map

> Depending on lag for distance, incase you are lost you could use the zoomable map to find your way to where you were building

North, south, east and west. Which brings me to my next point, what about having a physical compass?

> Could be vital for creative mode for those using the RPG sort of maps

> Could be used in survival, we do not know how it works so I can't support enough detail

> If it was live action and you have 10-18 players in your map, one is sort of griefing and you can watch all of then if they are out of sight you would be able to see what he was doing.

Ill come back and give more detail along the way when I get some more time as of now this is what I thought of.

Hope some of what I said gave you some insight of how this would work.