Xbox Modders Community
Linux

How To Check if Games Will Run On Your PC

Have you ever want to know if that certain game you want to play will run?! Well, you've came to the right thread my friend! This is a detailed guide on how to check if your machine can run the game(s) you have always wanted to play.

GPU

The MOST IMPORTANT part in PC gaming is the graphics card you have! It is what allows the games to run. Read below to check your GPU specs.

To check all of the specs on your graphics, download this

virus scan

here

1991.jpg

CPU

The next MOST IMPORTANT part for gaming is your CPU or known as your "Processor!" It tells what your GPU,RAM,etc. what to do. Meaning, the faster the processor, the better chances the game will run.

To check all the specs on your Processor, download this

I recommend a Dual-Core at 1.8GHz per core or higher!

virus scan here

L05G

RAM

Last but not least, your physical memory otherwise known as RAM! RAM arranges/organizes the things you run for better performance. So the more RAM you have the better! To check how much RAM you have, Click on Start>RIGHT-CLICK My Computer>Properties and it should show your RAM at the bottom. I recommend at LEAST 1GB of RAM for older games, newer games more then likely will need 2GB

L07X

If you still Don't Know

Finally, if you still don't know if your PC will run the game you are wanting to play. Go to System Requirements Lab here and click on the drop-down box then click on the game you want to play. Click the "Can I Run It?" button. If it tells you to install something, just install it! It's not a virus/spyware or anything else. It just makes it to where it can analyze your computer's specs for you!

NOTE: CAN I RUN IT IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE!!!

When its done, it should show something like this but tell you if it fails or passes.

L0bb

That's how you check if your machine can run a game or not! If you already knew then why read this post? Haha, anyways I hope I helped you guys out there.

Have you ever want to know if that certain game you want to play will run?! Well, you've came to the right thread my friend! This is a detailed guide on how to check if your machine can run the game(s) you have always wanted to play.

GPU

The MOST IMPORTANT part in PC gaming is the graphics card you have! It is what allows the games to run. Read below to check your GPU specs.

To check all of the specs on your graphics, download this

virus scan

here

1991.jpg

CPU

The next MOST IMPORTANT part for gaming is your CPU or known as your "Processor!" It tells what your GPU,RAM,etc. what to do. Meaning, the faster the processor, the better chances the game will run.

To check all the specs on your Processor, download this

I recommend a Dual-Core at 1.8GHz per core or higher!

virus scan here

L05G

RAM

Last but not least, your physical memory otherwise known as RAM! RAM arranges/organizes the things you run for better performance. So the more RAM you have the better! To check how much RAM you have, Click on Start>RIGHT-CLICK My Computer>Properties and it should show your RAM at the bottom. I recommend at LEAST 1GB of RAM for older games, newer games more then likely will need 2GB

L07X

If you still Don't Know

Finally, if you still don't know if your PC will run the game you are wanting to play. Go to System Requirements Lab here and click on the drop-down box then click on the game you want to play. Click the "Can I Run It?" button. If it tells you to install something, just install it! It's not a virus/spyware or anything else. It just makes it to where it can analyze your computer's specs for you!

NOTE: CAN I RUN IT IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE!!!

When its done, it should show something like this but tell you if it fails or passes.

L0bb

That's how you check if your machine can run a game or not! If you already knew then why read this post? Haha, anyways I hope I helped you guys out there.

Brace yourself for all the hate because of your specs.

Brace yourself for all the hate because of your specs.

:lol: I cant afford a beast PC, and I play all my games mostly on PS, Minecraft doesn't even run smoothly on my computer :fa:.

:lol: I cant afford a beast PC, and I play all my games mostly on PS, Minecraft doesn't even run smoothly on my computer :fa:.

I mostly play my games on PS3. I don't like playing on the PC.

I mostly play W@W Custom made zombie maps. Then i play my PS3

Same here :/ my specs go from 10-12 lol

THANK YOU! I can run Portal 2 :fyea:

:fyea: Thanks for this, turns out i can run skyrim :yay:

:fyea: Thanks for this, turns out i can run skyrim :yay:

Lucky. I bought the damn game for Playstation and PC. I can't even play it on my PC and we got screwed over on Playstation. I can't run Minecraft smoothly either lmao.

I wouldn't recommend this its never accurate and you can run things that you "apparently" cant run