Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Ringmaster

Rock vs. Rap

I like a little bit of rap only the old stuff like Wu-Tang Clan, Public Enemy, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., NWA. And thats it.

And some new stuff like Waka Flocka and Kid Cudi.

Im not a big rock fan either, I listen to strictly hardcore, or death metal. Or anything like The Faceless, The Contortionist and other groovey metal stuff like that.

;)

kaaaaayyyyyy

-punk rock

-classic rock

-pop rock

-other

?

I like it all, mostly punk rock. well, not exactly punk, but pop punk. yes, theres such a thing.

my favorite bands are:

Reel Big Fish

Less Than Jake

Greenday

Guns & Roses

lol i love the debate, but id have to say that i see both sides, i see that rock can have a lot of meaning and great instrumentation but at the same time, radio rock can suck, same with radio rap. its just the radio that sucks guys. i mainly listen to rock..but for real, theres more out there than just whats on the radio, and its not all bad, not bad at all..if all i knew was radio rock, i wouldnt like rock music either

Rock!!! The only thing I have against Rap is that some of it talks about nothing but sex, drugs, guns, and booze.

i agree that SOME rap is nothing but sex drugs guns and booze, but i swear that theres intelligent rap and hip hop out there (again, not what i mainly listen to, but im not ignorant to music genres, just because theres a lot of bad rap doesnt mean that its all bad, just because theres a lot of bad rock, doesnt mean that its all bad) saying that all rap or all rock or all anything is bad, is just not correct ....im sorry, im not trying to "troll" i promise

wanted to add...isnt there a lot of rock music about sex, drugs and booze too? just trying to lay down an alternate perspective. its one thing to say that rap isnt your music preference because you just dont like the way it sounds or whatever, but its another thing to try to pigeonhole a whole genre of music as being all about the same things

and i know you wernt saying that All rap is about sex, drugs, guns, and booze, you did say SOME, im just agreeing with you :)

Edited by Ohnowehavebecomeselfaware

I love rock but do you people like real rock like led zepplin or metallica or do you like this new rock that is kinda good but mostly sucks and rap is not music except eminem and george watsky (if you dont know who that is look him up on youtube......NOW)

I love both but not "rock". that is now classified as like Nickleback Avril Lavine and a few more artist of this nature. I listen to heavy metal/ screamo/ post-hardcore/ death metal whatever yuu call it i listen to it. My favorite bands are Memphis May Fire, blessthefall, and A Day to Remember. But i also listen to rap. Mainly Eminem and Tech N9ne, i listen to both tupac and biggie, but cannot stand Lil Wayne. That is my oppinion.

Rock is the bomb.com and rap is for people who can rhyme so like third graders can do it like boat coat goat see easy now you add a beat and some swear words bam easy rock actually takes some thought to put together.

And can we come up with a new word besides toll because that is so overused maybe like kiddy baby sissy whiner? Kbsw

I like trains, lol jk. buy I'm gonna have to say rock, but that's just my opinion ;)