Xbox Modders Community
Music King

How To Add Music To Your Music Library Without iTunes

Hey guys welcome to my guide. I will teach you how to add music to your music library without iTunes.

First off, here's what you need:

• A Jailbroken iDevice
  • iDownloader
  • iFile
  • MewSeek

Step One: Open iDownloader and find the song or album you want (can be .rar'd or .zip'd).

Step Two: Download the music you want.

Step Three: Open up iFile and go to '/var/mobile/applications/iDownloader/Documents' and then press 'Edit' and select the .rar or .zip or the song(s) you want. Press on the image on the bar at the bottom of the app, which is furthest image to the right (it's a clip board). Press 'Copy/Link'. Press Done.

Step Four: Press on the arrow that's on the left of 'Documents' and keep pressing that arrow until you get to the directory that says mobile.

Step Five: Press on 'Media> Downloads' and select the song(s) or compressed files you want to add to your music library.

Tip - If your want to add .rar or .zip files, you'll need to unarchive it. To do this press on the file name, and click 'unarchive'.

Step Six: Open up your music player and exit it. Not sure if it'll help with the next step but I seem to think it does.

Step Seven: Open up Mewseek, press on 'Downloads'. Press on the songs you want to add and then press the button that says 'Add to iPod'.

The music should be added to you library if you followed this right. If you need help doing this, quote me here or drop me a PM.

Strange saw this on ngu 10 mins earlier ... :stare:

Yeah so? I was the creator of the thread... :stare:

lol sorry I didnt look in detail just saw same thread title and assumed :P sorry for that mate

Yeah it's alright man, that's what happens when you use different usernames for different sites ;)

I usually post stuff on all the forums I'm on :)

Anyway I hope this is helpful :y:

Not helpful for me... yet as I have not got around to Jailbreaking my iPod but I shall link my cousin to this hread see if it helps him he has a JB iPod

Alright sweet :y: You should definately get around to it, it's pretty easy to do it. I must warn you though, it can stuff up your iDevice, although I haven't had that many problems with it :)

Thanks for the post :)

This was pretty helpful, but kind of hard :eek:

This is a great tut, hope it helps some people ^^ Keep this awesome posts coming please ;D.

Hey guys welcome to my guide. I will teach you how to add music to your music library without iTunes.

First off, here's what you need:

• A Jailbroken iDevice
  • iDownloader
  • iFile
  • MewSeek

Step One: Open iDownloader and find the song or album you want (can be .rar'd or .zip'd).

Step Two: Download the music you want.

Step Three: Open up iFile and go to '/var/mobile/applications/iDownloader/Documents' and then press 'Edit' and select the .rar or .zip or the song(s) you want. Press on the image on the bar at the bottom of the app, which is furthest image to the right (it's a clip board). Press 'Copy/Link'. Press Done.

Step Four: Press on the arrow that's on the left of 'Documents' and keep pressing that arrow until you get to the directory that says mobile.

Step Five: Press on 'Media> Downloads' and select the song(s) or compressed files you want to add to your music library.

Tip - If your want to add .rar or .zip files, you'll need to unarchive it. To do this press on the file name, and click 'unarchive'.

Step Six: Open up your music player and exit it. Not sure if it'll help with the next step but I seem to think it does.

Step Seven: Open up Mewseek, press on 'Downloads'. Press on the songs you want to add and then press the button that says 'Add to iPod'.

The music should be added to you library if you followed this right. If you need help doing this, quote me here or drop me a PM.

Thanks for the post

you dont have to use this method but ok