Xbox Modders Community
Sign in to follow this  
x626xBlack

"cash for clunkers"

I was all for it until I found out my 85 volvo 240GL gets a combined 20 mpg. I was all ready for a new Honda Fit for a commuter.

Now, it's nice to boost sales of the automobile, but, are we just steering some people into the same situation that alot of homeowners found themselves in over the past two years?

I wonder how many of these new cars will be repossessed because the people cannot afford the payments. I have to say that it is nice to see Ford possess the #1 car in the midsize category. Who would've thought the Fusion would kick such ass.

It's "free money"...who doesn't like "free money." I would think that the banks are much more selective whom they loan to...so those buying cars now are folks that can buy cars anytime, they just get them cheaper.

Have you ever bought a car from a dealership?

I was all for it until I found out my 85 volvo 240GL gets a combined 20 mpg. I was all ready for a new Honda Fit for a commuter.

Now, it's nice to boost sales of the automobile, but, are we just steering some people into the same situation that alot of homeowners found themselves in over the past two years?

I wonder how many of these new cars will be repossessed because the people cannot afford the payments. I have to say that it is nice to see Ford possess the #1 car in the midsize category. Who would've thought the Fusion would kick such ass.

It's "free money"...who doesn't like "free money." I would think that the banks are much more selective whom they loan to...so those buying cars now are folks that can buy cars anytime, they just get them cheaper.

Dealerships farm your car loan out to Lending institutions "Banks". They shop deals with banks.

The only time I know of favoritism being shown to a purchaser with bad or questionable credit is during a car show. Durring a car show the dealership will throw a bad credit purchase in with 7-8 good credit purchases and make a deal with the bank. "If you want the 7-8 good you have to take the 1-2 bad also".

Yes.

I just happen to think it's wrong to have my kids/grandkids pay this back (with interest).

Yes.

I just happen to think it's wrong to have my kids/grandkids pay this back (with interest).[/quote:f4zuf4tg]

I tend to agree, but my point was that a car dealer will work out a loan package so that just about anyone can get in that new car. I guess as long as this program is good for car manufacturers, it will keep going. I am just pissed that I can't take advantage... :cry:

Damn, I thought this was an offer to trade in my wife ... :(

Yes.

I just happen to think it's wrong to have my kids/grandkids pay this back (with interest).

I tend to agree, but my point was that a car dealer will work out a loan package so that just about anyone can get in that new car. I guess as long as this program is good for car manufacturers, it will keep going. I am just pissed that I can't take advantage... :cry:[/quote:29fur9h4]

The car dealer ****'s YOU! They do not work out a loan package. They take your name , your SSN, and the Amount you need to finance vs the value of the vehicle and put you up on an auction block for Banks. Trust me I have bought enough New Cars in my life I know the process and the inner workings of the deal. If you want to know how to Jew.. let me know.

That dealer will work you into a final price of $75,000.00 for a Honda financed over 12 years if you let him.

Do you want any type of credit? Whats her mileage?

Do you want any type of credit? Whats her mileage?

She's got a few miles on her ... been driven less since childbirth, but I check her oil and add a little more at least once a week

Yes.

I tend to agree, but my point was that a car dealer will work out a loan package so that just about anyone can get in that new car. I guess as long as this program is good for car manufacturers, it will keep going. I am just pissed that I can't take advantage... :cry:

The car dealer ****'s YOU! They do not work out a loan package. They take your name , your SSN, and the Amount you need to finance vs the value of the vehicle and put you up on an auction block for Banks. Trust me I have bought enough New Cars in my life I know the process and the inner workings of the deal. If you want to know how to Jew.. let me know.

That dealer will work you into a final price of $75,000.00 for a Honda financed over 12 years if you let him.[/quote:1dixnmzl]

No loans for me....I use cold, hard cash!

Yes.

That dealer will work you into a final price of $75,000.00 for a Honda financed over 12 years if you let him.[/quote:1pcflm06]

No loans for me....I use cold, hard cash![/quote:1pcflm06]

So then how do you understand or have any knowledge in the area of "financing a vehicle"?