Xbox Modders Community

Space and everything within it:

The universe has always eluded me, well our understanding of it has. You see, I believe that there are many if not an infinite number of universes. But, this cannot be, and is why the word 'Universe' would no fit into this theory. 'Uni' meaning one, in the sense that there is only one singular Universe. So there could not be more than one Universe, thus I will use the word Verse for the rest of this post.

Having more than one Verse in the first place brings up a few problems of it's own. Picture this. You are a fish in a large circular pond. You cannot leave or go above the surface of the water. The water all around you and represents the third dimension. You come to believe and for good reason that your pond is the only pond, the Unipond. See, from your perspective, there is nothing else beyond this pond, not even space. But, what you are not aware of is the fact that there are a great number of other ponds surrounding yours. The fish in these ponds believe and follow the exact same rules you have come to learn. Your inability to see above the water (above the third dimension) means that you will never see or even be aware of the vastness that surrounds you. I hope that was easy for you to understand.

What would the other ponds look like?. What would the other fish look like?.

I will update this thread later with more chapters. Please do not post anything silly ;).

Totally agree...nice thought :)

Hmm This is very interesting was trying to sleep but now my mind is busy. Thank you.

Verse doesn't work either BTW...?

Hmm This is very interesting was trying to sleep but now my mind is busy. Thank you.

Verse doesn't work either BTW...?

It does if you imagine that all the ponds are placed along a single metric line. Like sign posts on a street.

It does if you imagine that all the ponds are placed along a single metric line. Like sign posts on a street.

Then again i just came back to say this :D like a song verse was what i was thinking...

Interesting perspective.

Life but not as we know it:

From a very young age most of us seem to be facinated by the prospect that we may not be the only living, breathing Creatures in the 'verse'. This is by far one of the most important questions we will ever get the chance to find an answer for (discarding all the crap we call problems on Earth). And the odds are that there is other life throughout our galaxy. That's statistics not wishfull thinking. But, there are a few major problems we dont seem to take into acount in the search for life on other planets. The first and most pressing problem is the way we search for it. Space is infinitely varied to the point that the undoable could be doable somewhere else. So just try to imagine this for me. 'Man A' lives on the planet Earth, an 'Man B lives on planet X (planet X just means undiscovered, not what you are thinking). The man from planet B has evolved in a way so vastly different to the man from earth that he has never heard of 'radio waves'. He has his own very different way of searching for life on other planets using Sonic Pulses. Man A and Man B both send a signal using their own means of communication directly to eachothers planets. But, both of the signals go unoticed by Man A an Man B. Thus they give up on their search. The second problem we face is space. Like stated above space is very very massive. Lets say we send a signal into space right this second. 3,000 years later somebody on another planet recieves the signal. They exitedly sends a reply to us. But, after the 3,000 years their signal takes to reach us, Mankind has long left the Earth or died off. A species can fall within a Million years. This means that by the time ET phones home, his home no longer exists.

The third problem is stupidity. If you keep yelling and waving your arms in the air somebody is bound to see you. But, remembering what I said above. If your species has managed to survive for millions, even billions of years, you can imagine just how advanced you would be. Perhaps you have even figured out a way to stop death. Now your prime goal when recieving a message from what you would class as lower lifeforms would not be to pop down and have a cup of tea would it?. By this point your people would either not care or just use the planet up and move along to the next.

Thanks for reading, sorry i there are any spelling mistakes.

Please do one about people.

Because I hate people.

So

Very

Much.

That second one has given me a lot to think about, I think I'll go watch Dr Michio Kaku...

i sense a YouTube special!!!!! "Hello, and welcome to Dr. Spidey's infinite knowledge on life as we know it...and as we DO NOT know it!"