Xbox Modders Community
Craig

Dev Diaries v1.7

Vanishes as in all you can see is blue? or as in the world resets to it's initial ground, before building started.

He said your world is there so I'm guessing the second one

Oh my god this is going to be great. Especially how Indie Games'x max size has been boosted from 150MB, to 500MB (Thank you Microsoft!)

Didn't know "Player Ghosting" was, so thanks for clarifying that. That's actually pretty flippin' awesome.

Can't wait to hear more about the update, and for the actual release. Great job! :)

More than one spawn zone could be a problem though, it should be so that there is a starting zone as well, and after you start, if you enter a different spawn zone you spawn there from now on.

Stolenvcr:

Do the defined zones glitch in liquid surfaces or if players get stuck inside of blocks, then float free from control?

There is no way to know until it has been playtested, and even then I guess we the players will have to double-check.

I would like to know if you can cancel or disable a zone you have already placed.

Yes, I believe so.

Does the ghost thing only apply to people who have admin?

No. Anyone with a selected permission can use ghosting. This is great for allowing people to spectate on PvP maps or something.

Can you mine your own stuff inside of a non-editable zone, that you placed?

No. Zones are all-encompassing while in place.

How would you get rid of a zone that a previous, but no longer administrator, put on the map?

I'm pretty sure that the host would have the ability to edit/remove ANY zone, for anti-grief purposes. Kinda like locked doors and chests.

Can you add damage and physics customization to zones that would allow it?

Nothing has been said about this, but it's not up to me to give this answer.

What about less gravity when you need it or too much gravity, that hurts people that try to run through the specified zone?

Same as above.

Some occlusion settings for zones, which tells the player to go back because they die when the time limit runs out?

Making an out-of-bounds zone? You could do the same with some walls and removal of permissions (or at the least, making the area within and around the walls non-edit with the zones).

Some of these answers were already given. You should read more thoroughly next time.

Cool.

Could you ever patch the bug were your world is there but everything vanishes? Sorry for my poor gramma

This is offtopic, I know, but that was pretty funny. For a second I thought that you were randomly saying that you felt sorry for your poor grandmother. Oh, and if you reply, do so on my profile, to save room here.

Also, I saw someone ask if the chests would be protected by non-edit zones. I'm assuming that they aren't, seeing as chests are protected by the grief permission, but I might be(probably am) wrong.

Sorry if this has been asked before already but are zone blocks I'm dig deep and how far down do they go or would you have to make it like a cube so say four zone blocks on top and four underneath as well? To make a zone cube?

Sorry if this has been asked before already but are zone blocks I'm dig deep and how far down do they go or would you have to make it like a cube so say four zone blocks on top and four underneath as well? To make a zone cube?

Yes and no one on oppisie corners