Xbox Modders Community
Craig

Dev Diaries v1.7

Can you set zones that show where people can build?

I could put a square area in my map that people could build in.

It would be easier than putting then all around the map

Something that I'd like to add to in regard to the "zones"

Can we have a Total exclusion zones? where selected people are kept Completely out of the marked area.

I know edit locking in an area is useful, but it's annoying when people get in your way, jumping around, when working. That and it adds a little more depth to a creative worlds with a story line to them.

And a "Black Out Zone" ... No, not some little section dedicated to a terrible band, but a section that light cannot enter:

From the outside a column of black that cannot be seen through, but on the inside of the square you can see out at the world at large.

this would be useful for RPG worlds that require Referees. (I have built one and it would be very helpful)

maybe with a colour change option. Limited to something the the sky's shade of blue.

And in regard to the Sentry Turrets; They have a bad habit of trying to shoot through walls. It's a major waste of ammo.

Could you try and iron that issue out in the update?

Punching?!? it looks like the trolls broke you! lol but it will be a great addition to the game! what blocks can your fists break?

good for survival mode?

Grass, Dirt, Sand, Scoria, Wood, Planks, Veneer, Glass, Plants, Blueprints, Scrolls, Torch, Ladder, Rope, Clay and Sandstone can be broken by punching.

What about flint? can't you scratch that with your fingernail in real life?

I understand Craig's thinking on punching. Why it's important to be able to do that I don't know. At 1/2 a wood sword I think it will get real old, real fast. Enjoy yourselves.

Everything is the same. The only difference is if you try to hit something with nothing equiped, it will use your fist.

Will we be able to see our fists?

So is punching half as effective as a wood pick or what?

So say wood pick breaks wood in 1 sec, will punching take 2?

Craig:

Currently about half that of a wooden sword. Still playing around with it to get the best damage.

Your bare hands won't be as effective as using a tool, of course.

Have fun!

Will the fist be visible on the screen when you are not punching? Or will it be hidden and when holding RT (or RB) your fist will jut out to hit the desired block?

How will punching work?