Xbox Modders Community
VTX SPARTAN

Abortion

Prove this.... I do not want opinion. Show me proof that unwanted pregnancy produces more abuse than wanted pregnancies. Don't quote common sense... That option went out of the window when she did not exercise birth control.

"This may come as a surprise but: An unwanted pregnancy usually leads to child abuse."

While your at it. Preform a study and post your results on the women who made "their own" decision and now suffer from depression or have committed suicide in relation to their abortion, because they made un educated decisions, decisions they were ill prepared to handle the outcome of.

You see this as a battle for Women's rights. I see it as a battle to keep me from funding the removal of someone else's ignorance. I see this as a battle to make sure I am at least informed about what goes on in my two daughters lives until they are of age to be an adult.

Your prove this can be accomplished through Google Black. Your pride and joy in the internet. It's there, trust me. All your dumpster babies are in those facts. All your babies with Aids or babies that are addicted to heroine as soon as they pop out. Abuse comes in many forms not just "Whack."

I would rather pay ANOTHER tax, then be taxed for schooling when I don't even have kids or have my taxes rise because they built yet another church behind my house.

Prove this.... I do not want opinion. Show me proof that unwanted pregnancy produces more abuse than wanted pregnancies. Don't quote common sense... That option went out of the window when she did not exercise birth control.

"This may come as a surprise but: An unwanted pregnancy usually leads to child abuse."

While your at it. Preform a study and post your results on the women who made "their own" decision and now suffer from depression or have committed suicide in relation to their abortion, because they made un educated decisions, decisions they were ill prepared to handle the outcome of.

You see this as a battle for Women's rights. I see it as a battle to keep me from funding the removal of someone else's ignorance. I see this as a battle to make sure I am at least informed about what goes on in my two daughters lives until they are of age to be an adult.

Your prove this can be accomplished through Google Black. Your pride and joy in the internet. It's there, trust me. All your dumpster babies are in those facts. All your babies with Aids or babies that are addicted to heroine as soon as they pop out. Abuse comes in many forms not just "Whack."

I would rather pay ANOTHER tax, then be taxed for schooling when I don't even have kids or have my taxes rise because they built yet another church behind my house.

Well why didn't you say so? Lets start profiling and DNA testing all mothers and decide which fetus would be a viable person. Any genetic deficiencies can be found and the fetus can be terminated.

Gattica! Gattica! Gattica!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gattaca

While you may be heavily offended by Google for some reason, one has to know the topic exists and what search terms to use to find the intended target. Much like a Card Catalog... Oops sorry, I didn't mean to reference such an archaic device.

While you may be heavily offended by Google for some reason, one has to know the topic exists and what search terms to use to find the intended target. Much like a Card Catalog... Oops sorry, I didn't mean to reference such an archaic device.

lol shut up Black, I have no problems with Google.

I have no idea why you even brought up: profiling and DNA testing all mothers and decide which fetus would be a viable person.

I think it's crazy you complain that the government is the one that regulates, taxes and controls you...Yet you want to make abortion illegal and take away the choice a person has. lol

lol shut up Black, I have no problems with Google.

I have no idea why you even brought up: profiling and DNA testing all mothers and decide which fetus would be a viable person.

I think it's crazy you complain that the government is the one that regulates, taxes and controls you...Yet you want to make abortion illegal and take away the choice a person has. lol

Once again we agree. The government should not be able to tell me who i can and can not terminate with extreme prejudice.

A woman's right to do what she wants with her body and it is only between her and her Doctor went out the fucking window when they will allow Minors to have Abortions with out Parental consent and or knowledge.

Print this: If either of my daughters ever have a medical procedure before they are 18 years of age with out my knowledge and or approval and there will be a Headline, Murder, and Trial, all in the same time frame.

Abortion is a lot like prostitution in that it's not ever going away merely because it's against the law. The difference between legal and illegal abortions is safety. A legal abortion can be done by a qualified professional using proven, safe techniques in a clean environment. When it's illegal, well, desperate people go to desperate measures. One need not look far to find examples of this.

So let's use your daughters. If one of them were to become pregnant and wanted to get rid of it enough to go through a procedure without your knowledge or approval, would you rather it be a safe procedure or a hugely dangerous, possibly life-threatening so-called back-alley abortion?

I did a paper on this a couple years ago, and I had to go snooping around for this article, again. Here's a small tidbit:

With the advent of safe, legal, routinely performed abortions, a wealth of good evidence has come to light that is quite contrary to common anti-abortion assertions. The typical abortion patient is a normal, mentally stable woman who makes a strongly resolved decision for abortion within a few days after discovery of the pregnancy and comes through the procedure virtually unscathed. Several scientific review articles?published from 1990 to 1992 in highly respected journals such as Science and American Journal of Psychiatry?support this conclusion. The reviews evaluated hundreds of studies done over the last thirty years, noting the unusually high number of seriously flawed studies and pointing out common methodological problems. Based upon the more reliable studies, all the reviews concluded that, although psychological disturbances do occur after abortion, they are uncommon and generally mild and short-lived. In many cases, these disturbances are simply a continuation of negative feelings caused by the pregnancy itself. Serious or persistent problems are rare and are frequently related to the circumstances surrounding the abortion rather than the abortion itself.

Further, many women who were denied an abortion showed ongoing, long-term resentment, and their resulting children were more likely to have increased emotional, psychological, and social problems in comparison with control groups of children. These differences between children widened throughout adolescence and early adulthood. Finally, many studies show that giving birth is much more likely than abortion to be associated with severe emotional aftereffects, such as post-partum depression.

The review articles largely concluded that the most frequently reported emotions felt by women immediately following an abortion (experienced by about 75 percent of women) are relief or happiness. Feelings of regret, anxiety, guilt, depression, and other negative emotions are reported by about 5 percent to 30 percent of women. These feelings are usually mild and fade rapidly, within a few weeks. Months or years after an abortion, the majority of women do not regret their decision. In fact, for many women, abortion appears to improve their self-esteem, provide inner strength, and motivate them to refocus their lives in a meaningful way.

Studies on abortion are done primarily through self-report measures, however, and it is possible that some women may be reluctant to admit negative feelings after their abortion. To help quantify this, consider these figures: every year since 1977, 1.3 million to 1.6 million abortions are performed in the United States; about 21 percent of all American women between the ages of fifteen and forty four have had an abortion. These are very large numbers indeed. The American Psychological Association has pointed out that, even if only 10 percent of the millions of women who have had abortions experienced problems, there would be a significant mental health epidemic, clearly evident by large numbers of dysfunctional women requesting help. There is no evidence of any such epidemic, thereby supporting the general reliability of self-report measures.

So tell me, should we outlaw giving birth because some people suffer psychological effects? Didn't think so.

I really should stop saying anything, because things just go further and further downhill. You constantly argue against abortion as though pregnancy should be a punishment for any and all women who get pregnant without wanting kids and that getting pregnant unintentially always equates to irresponsibility. You make comments that would seem to contradict completely your view that abortion is murder. Time and time again, you ignore point after point or completely forgo any detailed explanation or clarification on these points. It's really not even worth continuing this topic.

It's really not even worth continuing this topic.
I agree.

A woman's right to do what she wants with her body and it is only between her and her Doctor went out the fucking window when they will allow Minors to have Abortions with out Parental consent and or knowledge.

Print this: If either of my daughters ever have a medical procedure before they are 18 years of age with out my knowledge and or approval and there will be a Headline, Murder, and Trial, all in the same time frame.

Abortion is a lot like prostitution in that it's not ever going away merely because it's against the law. The difference between legal and illegal abortions is safety. A legal abortion can be done by a qualified professional using proven, safe techniques in a clean environment. When it's illegal, well, desperate people go to desperate measures. One need not look far to find examples of this.

So let's use your daughters. If one of them were to become pregnant and wanted to get rid of it enough to go through a procedure without your knowledge or approval, would you rather it be a safe procedure or a hugely dangerous, possibly life-threatening so-called back-alley abortion?

I did a paper on this a couple years ago, and I had to go snooping around for this article, again. Here's a small tidbit:

With the advent of safe, legal, routinely performed abortions, a wealth of good evidence has come to light that is quite contrary to common anti-abortion assertions. The typical abortion patient is a normal, mentally stable woman who makes a strongly resolved decision for abortion within a few days after discovery of the pregnancy and comes through the procedure virtually unscathed. Several scientific review articles?published from 1990 to 1992 in highly respected journals such as Science and American Journal of Psychiatry?support this conclusion. The reviews evaluated hundreds of studies done over the last thirty years, noting the unusually high number of seriously flawed studies and pointing out common methodological problems. Based upon the more reliable studies, all the reviews concluded that, although psychological disturbances do occur after abortion, they are uncommon and generally mild and short-lived. In many cases, these disturbances are simply a continuation of negative feelings caused by the pregnancy itself. Serious or persistent problems are rare and are frequently related to the circumstances surrounding the abortion rather than the abortion itself.

Further, many women who were denied an abortion showed ongoing, long-term resentment, and their resulting children were more likely to have increased emotional, psychological, and social problems in comparison with control groups of children. These differences between children widened throughout adolescence and early adulthood. Finally, many studies show that giving birth is much more likely than abortion to be associated with severe emotional aftereffects, such as post-partum depression.

The review articles largely concluded that the most frequently reported emotions felt by women immediately following an abortion (experienced by about 75 percent of women) are relief or happiness. Feelings of regret, anxiety, guilt, depression, and other negative emotions are reported by about 5 percent to 30 percent of women. These feelings are usually mild and fade rapidly, within a few weeks. Months or years after an abortion, the majority of women do not regret their decision. In fact, for many women, abortion appears to improve their self-esteem, provide inner strength, and motivate them to refocus their lives in a meaningful way.

Studies on abortion are done primarily through self-report measures, however, and it is possible that some women may be reluctant to admit negative feelings after their abortion. To help quantify this, consider these figures: every year since 1977, 1.3 million to 1.6 million abortions are performed in the United States; about 21 percent of all American women between the ages of fifteen and forty four have had an abortion. These are very large numbers indeed. The American Psychological Association has pointed out that, even if only 10 percent of the millions of women who have had abortions experienced problems, there would be a significant mental health epidemic, clearly evident by large numbers of dysfunctional women requesting help. There is no evidence of any such epidemic, thereby supporting the general reliability of self-report measures.

So tell me, should we outlaw giving birth because some people suffer psychological effects? Didn't think so.

I really should stop saying anything, because things just go further and further downhill. You constantly argue against abortion as though pregnancy should be a punishment for any and all women who get pregnant without wanting kids and that getting pregnant unintentially always equates to irresponsibility. You make comments that would seem to contradict completely your view that abortion is murder. Time and time again, you ignore point after point or completely forgo any detailed explanation or clarification on these points. It's really not even worth continuing this topic.

Sometimes I just like to see how my debate skills compare to others. I also enjoy the study of different personalities and how people react when someone they think is level headed (for the most part) presents an outrageous argument. :D

Thank you for the study, I appreciate concrete data instead of opinion. And I would like to have any procedure be as safe as possible.

I do stand firm that allowing Minors to have ANY procedure with out their parents knowledge or permission is severely flawed. My example is stretching to a different topic but i think you get the idea.

Ex: One must be 18 to get a Tatoo, but a 15 year old can have an abortion with our parental consent.

I am actually on the fence when it comes to the legality abortion, The positives and negatives do not out weigh each other. I do not believe in Legislating Morality and Abortion is a moral issue.

I am actually on the fence when it comes to the legality abortion, The positives and negatives do not out weigh each other. I do not believe in Legislating Morality and Abortion is a moral issue.

I can agree with this viewpoint, although, I would still consider myself Pro-Choice since I think the ultimate decision is left to those who have the most involvement.

I do stand firm that allowing Minors to have ANY procedure with out their parents knowledge or permission is severely flawed. My example is stretching to a different topic but i think you get the idea.

Ex: One must be 18 to get a Tatoo, but a 15 year old can have an abortion with our parental consent.

I'ts not legislating morality, it's litigating morality. One can only wish that issues like this would be decided where it should, in legislatures.

A lot of our cultural morality is contained in our laws. Murder, theft, anti-trust hell even gay marriage. That is the way it should be. Not unelected justices determining morality based on always their personal views and the morphing and never correct "evolving standards."

I'ts not legislating morality, it's litigating morality. One can only wish that issues like this would be decided where it should, in legislatures.

A lot of our cultural morality is contained in our laws. Murder, theft, anti-trust hell even gay marriage. That is the way it should be. Not unelected justices determining morality based on always their personal views and the morphing and never correct "evolving standards."

The issue I have with litigating or legislating morality is that it is an abused power and certain entities, when influenced, over step their boundaries.

Ex: Certain Parishes/Counties/Townships banning nudity in private "Gentlemans Clubs" because the local pastor and his church can swing a vote come election time. Certain religious entities having a say so about what sort of music is allowed live at their local arena. Banning rock music concerts because that is "the devils music" but allowing 2LiveCrew to preform. WTF?

If there was a way to regulate what issues can and can not be litigated or legislated I would agree. But precedent carries over into the most absurd areas, and that is just more government oversight.

Louisiana will show you the worst of any given example. The corruption, politics, and religion all blend together.