Xbox Modders Community

Bob is right, if we lock this, more will be created.

Deek, there have been quite a few threads posted by people who don't like TM. We didn't lock the threads, we talked and debated with the people who posted. Most got locked because some trolls came along later and ruined the discussions, not because we couldn't handle people not liking our game.

I just re-read this entire thread. There are only a few 'this game is crap' statements, which are unavoidable on forums, but most I see do give some reasons.

Unfortunately the very first post is a bit of a bash, so I'll give you that. I think you're over reacting though.

I've removed the pure bash posts.

There were quite a few post saying the game was crap and yes, the very few people who aren’t leaving really negative comments, are giving half decent explanations.

How did the trolls ruin the discussion in the threads? People couldn’t just ignore them?

If you think I’m overreacting, I’m ok with that. I still stand by my comments.

Deek- If i Don't like a game such as Castle Miner and want to make a post talking about it and seeing what other people think of it is that wrong? No

And all i said looking back at the original post was "What are you're thoughts on CastleMiner?" and people gave thier OPINIONS which is perfectly normal.....

Apparently many of you that have responded to me don’t know what I am talking about. I said most people that commented on the game were bashing it as in “the game is crapâ€Â, “the game is patheticâ€Â, which IS what you said kieranbhoy. Your post was either edited by you(In which, yes, I would be implying you’re lying, if nobody else edited it.), Craig, a different dev or a mod.

There is a difference between giving an opinion and giving an opinion and at the same time bashing it. Saying something along the lines of “the game is crap†ISN’T necessary. You didn’t even explain, so it just makes you look like an a-hole, because it looks like you just came on here to say the game is pathetic.

I didn’t say people can’t give their opinions, if that is what you were also saying.

...and since this is the XboxModders the majority of people will say that they didnt like it or that Total Miner is better.

I find this one to be pretty funny. You’re calling the “majority of the people†on the forums fanboys and fangirls.

I like it. I gave up on it at first, coming up with a list of reason but I kept trying. I like it now, I think its still better than Fortress Craft. At least Castle Miner has the block placement and block removal motions.

I semi enjoyed it, it was better well rounded then fortresscraft.

I love total miner, i won't give up on it but I'm looking forward to mjnecraft on 360.

Ok Deek i will give my reason- All there is too do in the game is build i dont want to just build that is why I don't like this game you may have a different opinion than me and that's fine.

And i didn't just "come on here to say this game is pathetic" I came on to make a post stating my opinion, i have nearly 300 posts that are good posts that are made for a reason.

I did not say the majority of people on forums are "fanboys" i said they were only fans becuase why come on the forums if your not a fan? Oh yeah to troll.

Ok Deek i will give my reason- All there is too do in the game is build i dont want to just build that is why I don't like this game you may have a different opinion than me and that's fine.

And i didn't just "come on here to say this game is pathetic" I came on to make a post stating my opinion, i have nearly 300 posts that are good posts that are made for a reason.

I did not say the majority of people on forums are "fanboys" i said they were only fans becuase why come on the forums if your not a fan? Oh yeah to troll.

I didn’t tell you to give me your reasons. You already decided to say the game is pathetic, without giving any thought if that would at least be a little harsh. There are other reasons why you shouldn’t do that. If you just say “hey, I think this game is pathetic, what do you think of it?â€Â, you’re basically giving out an open visitation for everyone to bash the game.

You’re previous posts aren’t relevant. What you did, as I said in the previous paragraph, was wrong, you didn’t think before you posted your message. If you just wanted to state your opinion in a mature manner, without the hate, then you would have used a milder word than pathetic.

You are clearly confused about what you are talking about (fanboys). You indirectly said that the majority of people are fanboys ( which IS what you said basically, but that’s different from what you meant to say). You said:

“...and since this is the XboxModders the majority of people will say that they didnt like it or that Total Miner is better.â€Â

By your logic since people join the forum, they will only like TM or think TM is better. Yes, I know people join forums because they are fans, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fans of other games, and that IS what you were saying.

If you’re trying (this definitely is not how it comes across with your statement)to say people will like TM more or dislike CM because TM is a good game, then you’re wrong. You definitely can’t because you don’t have any prior knowledge of how "the majority of people" feel about CM.

I didn’t tell you to give me your reasons. You already decided to say the game is pathetic, without giving any thought if that would at least be a little harsh. There are other reasons why you shouldn’t do that. If you just say “hey, I think this game is pathetic, what do you think of it?â€Â, you’re basically giving out an open visitation for everyone to bash the game.

You’re previous posts aren’t relevant. What you did, as I said in the previous paragraph, was wrong, you didn’t think before you posted your message. If you just wanted to state your opinion in a mature manner, without the hate, then you would have used a milder word than pathetic.

You are clearly confused about what you are talking about (fanboys). You indirectly said that the majority of people are fanboys ( which IS what you said basically, but that’s different from what you meant to say). You said:

“...and since this is the XboxModders the majority of people will say that they didnt like it or that Total Miner is better.â€Â

By your logic since people join the forum, they will only like TM or think TM is better. Yes, I know people join forums because they are fans, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fans of other games, and that IS what you were saying.

If you’re trying (this definitely is not how it comes across with your statement)to say people will like TM more or dislike CM because TM is a good game, then you’re wrong. You definitely can’t because you don’t have any prior knowledge of how "the majority of people" feel about CM.

Ok i couldnt think of any thing else to say bad is too plain and horrible is too harsh.

Then i decided to ask what the TM fans thought of it and they also gave an answer with a reason.

I like CastleMiner. It is FortressCraft only good.

What I like about it is multiplayer. When Total Miner has multiplayer it will be better, but until then my friends and I will be playing CastleMiner, it's nothing against Total Miner.

Not sure if it's just me, but I find CastleMiner to be sterile and devoid of charm. I played it for a few minutes and turned it off. Did I not give it enough of a chance?

Same here

looks like TM mixed with FC but TERRIBLE

Same here

looks like TM mixed with FC but TERRIBLE

What charm does it lack that FC has?

Is it the matrix of unloaded blocks? Being eaten by a grue? Maybe it's having to be within 20 blocks of the host for your builds to stick? At any rate, CastleMiner is 100% better than FortessCraft when it comes to multiplayer. There are objectives such as finding certain blocks to mine to unlock more blocks to build. It is a fun game and should not be dismissed before giving it a REAL try. I will be honest, I downloaded it as a joke, thinking it would be something that my buddy and I could laugh at, but after playing around for a few minutes I watched my friend disappear to his room and the next thing I know he is playing CastleMiner.

MIght look into this :)