Xbox Modders Community
Loki

Animal Rights

Plants don't feel pain, semenbubble.

Plants don't feel pain, semenbubble.

So, if the animal was killed painlessly, it would be okay to eat?

It would be better, sure. But plants don't live in the same sense that an animal does. Eating part of a plant isn't the same as killing an animal.

It would be better, sure. But plants don't live in the same sense that an animal does. Eating part of a plant isn't the same as killing an animal.

if they are both dead, there is no difference. And i didnt say "better", I said "okay", as in, you would no longer be against eating it.

The suffering of a being capable of comprehending that suffering is much different than a being that produces part of itself to be consumed and unable to suffer. Life, in this context, is taken away from one in that a sentient being is made to suffer while the other may die but not suffer.

The suffering of a being capable of comprehending that suffering is much different than a being that produces part of itself to be consumed and unable to suffer. Life, in this context, is taken away from one in that a sentient being is made to suffer while the other may die but not suffer.

according to certain religions, plant life is considered a sentient being. game over.

Yeah and certain religions also believe the Earth is flat. What's your point?

and your little example of a plant giving giving up a part of itself to be consumed is ridiculous. thats like saying sperm is a part of a persons body. I guess every girl that swallows must be a cannibal, huh?

Yeah and certain religions also believe the Earth is flat. What's your point?

my point is that condemning the consumption of one living creature over another, based on your notion of sentience, is rather close-minded. Your philosophy teacher would be disappointed in your line of thinking.

Sperm isn't a human being. Plants and animals have totally different constructs, you can compare the two but they aren't the same. As for condemning one creature over another, yeah, we have to eat. My point is: why eat the creature that suffers? A plant is aware of it's surroundings, plants have to be in order to survive, they are extraordinarily adaptable. But they aren't aware of the world or themselves as an animal is. Of course, you can argue that due to quantum randomness, everything essentially has a conscience. Doesn't mean they can interpret it.